About Me

My photo
I'm in my twenties thinking "Um, now what?", which isn't as bad as it seems. Some days i'm the funniest person there is, the next i'll be the best listener, and then the next, the sleepiest person i know. One day, i'll have it figured out. For now, i am just making sure i pay my bills on time, and enjoy it for what its worth. (according to amex, $3000 bucks!)

Monday, April 21, 2008

new shelves!


So our place, though rather large for a one bedroom (770 sq ft), has been feeling cramped lately. All of our furniture is on the ground. so everything feels like it's closed in. So Mary and I went to ikea yesterday (i love ikea!) and i went looking for shelves. Low and behold, my sister found the best ones at a WONDERFUL price of 4.95 each. seriously. so freakin' cheap. so i bought 10. and a new rug for 14.95 (score!) . oh, and some other crap, but most important right now is the shelves.

The cool thing is, is that our ceiling is slanted, so it gives the shelves more of an "edge" and makes it look more like artwork. I am hoping to put some art work in the gaps, but for now, i think it looks pretty dang cool. to bad i bought a bit to much, i only needed 7 shelves, and we don't even have enough to fit for seven. looks likes its time to buy more DVDs! (but not CDs. seriously. i don't know why guys like to keep them). So don't mind the messy couch and coffee table (that would be 10 ikea pamphlets on how to install the dvd rack). I'll re post so you can see the new rug too.

No comments: